Transforming Students Who Aspire Into Healthcare Leaders Who Inspire
The University of St. Thomas Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program, offered within the Cameron School of Business, is designed for those individuals who are currently, or who aspire to be, leaders in a variety of healthcare settings. Today’s health organizations need administrators who can manage the current components of healthcare, as well as lead the health sector in new directions.
Rooted upon the Catholic Moral Tradition, the MHA program offers students the opportunity to understand and master the organizational, legal, financial, ethical, political, and managerial aspects of health systems management. The MHA program offers a unique curriculum designed specifically to meet the career needs of future healthcare leaders.
Cameron School of Business
At the Cameron School of Business, you will experience a highly interactive and discussion-based approach to business education.
Our professors often focus on the moral and ethical questions faced in today’s marketplace. Programs at the Cameron School of Business focus on:
- Developing ethical leadership
- Taking high-level views of healthcare administration process
- To provide quality health-related products and services to diverse communities
Become a Healthcare Leader by Learning How to do Good Business
The graduates will consistently be able to:
- Formulate a communication strategy that will cultivate professional relationships amongst a diverse group of stakeholders in order to achieve cooperation, promote teamwork, demonstrate
- Assess the level of professionalism necessary to succeed in the highly dynamic and demanding industry by maintaining personal and professional accountability, engaging in ongoing professional development, and demonstrating a commitment to the welfare of the facility/organization, surrounding community and the profession.
- Demonstrate the ability to function autonomously and take responsibility for managing a diverse group of professionals within a highly complex and changing healthcare environment.
- Develop a clear and achievable organizational vision for the future, which promotes the entrepreneurial spirit and contributes to the formation of a culture and climate that embraces change in order to achieve excellence in product and service delivery.
- Assess the healthcare environment and its constructs in order to pinpoint industry risks and opportunities, and then actively contribute to viable strategy formulation that effectively leverages internal competencies to achieve organizational success.
- Synthesize relevant internal and external data in order to position complex organizations for fiscal and operational success, despite existing barriers, in order to maintain a strong competitive advantage within a dynamic and demanding industry.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills in the construction of viable and ethical solutions to complex issues that may negatively impact product and service delivery.