Requests for official transcripts must be made in writing to the Registrar’s Office or submitted online through the Registrar’s website. By law, an official transcript may not be released without the student’s written request. No transcript will be released if a University hold exists on the student’s record. To be official, a transcript must bear the official seal of the University and the signature of the Registrar, and the envelope seal must not be broken. Only official transcripts are sent outside the University.