The Educational Leadership Program leads to a thorough understanding of the eleven competencies addressed in the Texas Principal as Instructional Leader Certificate that align with the national Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium Standards. Students are prepared to successfully complete the Texas Principal as Instructional Leader Examination at the end of the program. Course work integrates case studies with content and requires significant amounts of writing and presentations in preparation for the role of a campus or district leader. The Principal as Instructional Leader Certificate is required to hold positions of assistant principal or principal and is frequently necessary for other leadership positions such as a curriculum director or assistant superintendent. These requirements are subject to change by the State of Texas, SBEC, and/or TEA.
- Candidates for this program will be experienced teachers
- Texas Education Agency Identification Number
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcripts*
- 250 – 300-word essay on career goals and how an M.Ed. will contribute
- Interview with the UST Faculty Program Director
*Transcripts (Arrange to have official transcripts of all college level work, showing proof of degree/credentials attained).