Residence Halls

There are four on-campus residence halls. Guinan Hall is a traditional residential hall for both first-year and upperclassmen students. Young Hall, Clare Hall, and the Townhome Communities offer apartment style housing for upperclassmen students. Each residential community offers programming to foster a student’s academic, spiritual and social development.

Residence Life Information 

Department of Residence Life Contact Information

Location: Guinan Hall, Main Lobby
Main Office Phone: 713-525-3836
Front Desk Phone: 713-942-3431
Office Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday

Residence Hall Address and Mail 

Incoming mail should be addressed as follows:

Your Name
Hall and Room Number
1303 Sul Ross
Houston, TX 77006

At least two weeks prior to leaving campus housing, residents should notify creditors, magazine publishers, etc. of their change of address. Beginning on the day that a student moves out of on-campus housing, the Residence Life Staff is not responsible for forwarding residents’ mail and will return all mail and parcels to the original sender. Residents are responsible for the daily collection of their mail. The Office of Residence Life and other University offices may communicate by mail. Residents are responsible for all information/notices placed in their mailboxes.


Residents should report maintenance requests to Residence Life at or 713-525-3836. For emergency requests after business hours, call 713-208-0244.


Parking is available in the Moran Parking Center and various other student parking lots across cam-pus. Although the Moran Parking Center offers a daily parking rate for the community and visitors, it is recommended that students purchase a parking pass at the UST Police Department.

Meal Plans 

All residents are required to purchase a meal plan. Plans vary depending on the residence hall the student chooses to live in. Students who would like to appeal the meal plan requirement based on documented medical needs, can do so in writing to the Assistant Vice President for Students Affairs - Meal plans can be used in all dining facilities on campus; however, funds cannot be used for catering events, nor can they be transferred to other accounts. Questions about Dining Services or student meal plans can be directed to the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs.