Skip to main content
- Smoking is defined, for the purposes of this policy, as the use of any product that is made to visibly emanate smoke or vapor. Smoking or possessing illegal substances, such as marijuana, hashish, any form of cocaine or any other substances prohibited by law, is dealt with in other University policies but is in no way sanctioned by this policy.
- Smoking is not allowed within 25 feet of any external ingress/egress door of a facility, in accordance with the City of Houston smoking ordinance. All violations should be reported to the UST Police Department.
- Indoors of all buildings and facilities are designated entirely smoke-free. All violations should be reported to the UST Police Department.
- On campus housing is classified as a “residential area” rather than a workplace. Accordingly, they have a separate policy (please refer to the Residence Life Handbook and Policies).
- Continued violation of the policy could lead to disciplinary action including but not limited to counseling, warnings, probation, and possible termination.