The safety and well-being of all students, faculty and staff is important to the University. The University of St. Thomas has taken steps to implement an Emergency Notification System (ENS) to communicate important alerts and emergency response information to students, faculty and staff. The system is for emergency use only. Test messages are sent out at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Students should watch the University’s web site, myStThom, and the weekly student announcements for these test dates.
The ENS system enables campus leaders to immediately send messages to our entire community via four different modes of communication:
- Voice messages to home, work, cell phones and one alternate phone number
- Text messages to cell phones, PDAs and other text-based devices
- Written messages to the UST e-mail accounts and alternate email accounts
- Messages to TTY/TDD receiving devices for the hearing impaired
- Messages to UST social media sites
Students are responsible for updating their emergency contact information in myStThom. Instructions to update ENS information can be found at www.stthom.edu/ens.
If the school is closed, updates will also be recorded on the University’s main phone number, (713) 522-7911.
Information regarding school closings will be reported to KTRH, KUHF, Channel 2, 11, 13, 26 and 45 as well as the Houston Chronicle.
Questions regarding problems with the ENS system can be sent to email@example.com.